Since its 2001 establishment, US Water Systems has grown into one of America’s top providers of commercial and whole house water filtration and treatment systems. Its success has come from sticking close to its core value of excellent customer support provided by experienced professionals. US Water Systems is able to dramatically reduce the cost of high-quality water treatment systems by cutting out middle-men and selling directly to consumers. A well-built eCommerce website is at the center of this model.
When the time came for US Water Systems to migrate from Netsuite Commerce to Magento 2 Commerce, its priorities were clear:
- Seamlessly migrate or replace the integrations crucial to its business.
- Improve search functionality, as poor search results were resulting in a high bounce rate.
- Update and modernize the design without alienating loyal customers.
As part of a comprehensive discovery process, the Shero team mapped a migration plan for each extension necessary for the site’s operation. Some notable examples include…
- Affirm, which facilitates financing for big-ticket items like water treatment systems.
- Amasty Blog Pro, which extends Magento as a full-featured blog, replacing the previous WordPress integration. For static content, the site takes advantage of Magento’s new Page Builder, bringing drag-and-drop simplicity to complex page layouts.
- SearchSpring, a service that extends Magento’s native Elasticsearch with autocorrect, suggestions and more. This was crucial, because poor search functionality was a significant pain point for US Water Systems.
- Product Bundled Discount, a module that can replace cross-sells with discounted product bundles—a feature that works very well for water treatment products that have multiple components.
- Subscribe Pro, which allows customers to subscribe to automatic re-orders of favorite products, like water system filters.
- Plus a variety of marketing tools like Shiphawk, DotDigital, Feedonomics and Shopper Approved. The use of live chat support and comprehensive user reviews help to inspire confidence.
After a careful analysis of US Water Systems’ user experience, Shero updated the design of the website with an emphasis on highlighting the wealth of helpful information available. Each category and product page is an educational experience that helps customers make informed selections. This, combined with clear navigation, robust search functionality and bold calls-to-action help to make shopping for water treatment supplies a painless experience.